Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

A Passion for Pin Cushions!


I   L O V E   Pin cushions!! I have made a few for myself and my sweet friends have made them for me too, so I would like to show you some. I will add more over time.  I made this little tomato pin cushion using cross stitch themed fabric by Black Bird Designs.  And I made a fussy cut covered button with my initial for the bottom.
This is a cross stitch strawberry I made into a pin cushion with strawberry fabrics and rick rack

I love this one, I got the pattern from a fairly recent quilt magazine.  It was really fun to make.    
 
My best bud, Darlene, made this sweet little basket pin cushion with french knots for the flowers, I adore it!  
This is a design by my friend Anita, from Anita's Little Stitches, http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/   I loved making this and the beads just make it pop.
This cutie is from the book, The Civil War Sewing Circle by Kathleen Tracy. It was so fun and easy to make.  I love the ticking pillow part. lol
I believe this came from The Gift of Stitching online cross stitch mag.  I did it was a stitch a long with my sweet friend Janet.
This is a Fig Tree pattern.  I love pumpkins and this is one of my favs that I have made.
Another pumpkin, yay!  I made one of these for my a friend too, it is a freebie from this blog, http://gazette94.blogspot.com/search/label/HALLOWEEN%2F%20AUTOMNE  Lots of good free cross stitch charts on there.
This is from Black Bird Designs book Stitcher's Journey.  This pin cushion is very special to me because I added buttons, lace and pins from my great aunt Gennie who was a professional seamstress.  They are very old and precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment